Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Apple Sour Cream Slice (Gluten-Free)


This is one of my all-time favourite slices and the first one I'll go for when I see it at a party or gathering!  I can't believe this is actually the first time I've made it - and I'm certain it won't be the last.  I've made it gluten-free, but you can easily just use standard SR flour if you wish - just make a straight substitution.  You can also experiment with other fruits - let me know if you do and what your favourite is!


Ingredients
1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup caster sugar
125g butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
400g tin of pie apples OR 6-8 fresh apples, peeled, cored, chopped and stewed
300g light sour cream
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon caster sugar, extra

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/160 fan-forced.

Combine flour, coconut and sugar in a large bowl.  Add butter and vanilla and mix well until combined.

Grease and line a slice pan.  Press mixture into pan and bake for 10 minutes, until light golden.

Spread with sour cream, then top evenly with apples.  Combine cinnamon and sugar, then sprinkle evenly on top.

Return to oven for 20 minutes.  Cool in pan, then slice and serve.

No comments:

Print