Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pancakes



I've been meaning to post this one as a weekend special for a little while - but I think with Father's Day tomorrow, it's the perfect opportunity!  I'm sure any dad would love to be treated to pancakes in the morning - and this recipe is SOOOO easy there's really no excuses!

The recipe is from the delightful Caroline over at http://carriecookingrecipes.blogspot.com/ - she's another busy mum of two with some great recipes, so I highly recommend you check them out!  I don't even use the recipe anymore, it's so easy to remember.  I've also used this recipe to make pikelets.

So here they are - and hooray for dads!

Makes approximately 10 good-sized pancakes

Ingredients:
2 cups self-raising flour
2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoons caster sugar
Butter for frying

Method:
Add all ingredients into a bowl.  Mix with a whisk until smooth.

Preheat a frying pan on medium heat.  Melt butter in the pan and tilt to spread.  Pour mixture into pan and cook until bubbles appear.  Flip and cook the other side.  Serve hot with your favourite toppings.

1 comment:

Print