Monday, October 10, 2011

Hommus



Okay, considering my last post (the best Banoffee Pie you'll ever taste!) it's time to get back on the straight and narrow.  I'm trying to eat quite healthily at the moment in a bid to shift the post-baby weight, and this recipe has been a life-saver for me!  Snacks always seem to be my downfall, so for the past two weeks, I've kept a constant supply of hommus in the fridge, along with chopped-up carrot and celery (the trick is to chop it every couple of days and keep it fresh in a Tupperware container so it's always ready on hand to grab).  It's such a tasty snack and mega healthy, cheap AND so quick to make, so you really can't go wrong.  And the good thing is, you can mix it up a bit by changing which spice you use.  Do it!

Ingredients:
1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon spice (I have used cumin & coriander, Moroccan spice mix, chilli flakes & paprika)

Method:
Place all ingredients in a food processor (or use a hand-held blender).  Process until smooth.  Keep in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Must try this one, Thanks Ness! Been buying hommus dip a lot lately! Elias really loves it and so do I - must be a family thing, cause snacks are my weakness too! love T xoxo

Print