Thursday, January 12, 2012

Savoury Leek Pie


This recipe comes from a new cookbook I got for Christmas called "Country Women's Association Classics" (can you imagine my excitement!?!)  I thought for a little while there that it was going to be a disaster, but it turned out quite well!  I've written the recipe as it is in the book - but I found that I had to just about double the cooking time because it was really quite runny (perhaps because I used light cream?).  But it thickened up in the end.  Note - this is more of a potato bake consistency, rather than a quiche - once I realised this, I decided it wasn't a disaster after all!  The prep time was all of about 10 minutes (great!) and it was very tasty.

Ingredients
600ml cream
200g diced bacon
1 large onion, diced
1 x 60g packet Chicken soup mix
1/2 sweet potato, sliced
2-3 leeks, sliced

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.

Mix together cream, bacon, onion and soup mix.  Place sweet potato and leeks in a casserole dish, pour cream mixture over, and bake in a preheated oven until potatoes are cooked (20-30 minutes).

No comments:

Print