Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quick & Easy Chicken Lasagna


This recipe is my version of a recipe I found online - it is so quick to put together, super easy to make and tastes great.  My two kids licked their bowls clean after this one!  It comes in at just over 300 calories, so is great for the waistline too :-)

Ingredients (serves 5)
200g chicken breast (1 large breast), cooked & diced - I like to poach it for 10 minutes in saucepan of boiling water
125g lasagna sheets
500g jar pasta sauce
100g grated light cheese
50g baby spinach

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.

Spread a smear of the pasta sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.  Then layer half the lasagna sheets, chicken, spinach, pasta sauce and cheese.

Repeat, ending with the pasta sauce and cheese.

Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned.

Serve with salad leaves.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Vanessa, can I just ask, did you use the dried lasagna sheets or the fresh ones??? I ordered my shopping on line and made a mistake and ordered the dried ones inadvertently.
Cheers, Michelle

Vanessa Gibson said...

Hi Michelle,
Doesn't matter if you use fresh or dried - I prefer the fresh, but sometimes just go with dried anyway as a cheaper option. So don't worry - it will still turn out with dried! Enjoy :-)

Print