Monday, September 10, 2012

Tim-Tam Pops


I saw this recipe in a few places so decided to try it for my little boy's first birthday party.  Well, I've since decided that Cake/Tim-Tam Pops are not for me!  I think they look amazing when done well, but they're just too fiddly for me and involve too many steps.  I wanted to share the recipe anyway because so many people at the party commented how much they loved them (even though I wasn't too happy with them!)  I struggled to get the right consistency, so there was a bit of refrigerating and re-rolling involved, then my chocolate wasn't melting properly so I was lucky to get any out on the party table!  Anyway, they tasted yummy and you could always experiment with different flavours of tim-tams.

Ingredients
200g packet of tim-tams
100g cream cheese
lollipop sticks
200g candy melts/melting chocolate
decorations, if desired (I used fondant stars)

Method
Crush tim-tams in a food processor.  Add cream cheese and blend until well combine.

Roll tablespoon-sized balls of mixture on a tray covered with baking paper.  Place in the fridge for about an hour.  Remove and push lollipop sticks into the balls.

Melt chocolate in the microwave or over a saucepan of simmering water.  Dip the balls into chocolate, spin around to remove excess.  Either lie on baking paper or push into styrofoam to decorate.

No comments:

Print