Saturday, December 22, 2012

Kris Krinkles


Today's Christmas recipe (can you believe we're up to #22 already?!?) is a guest post from my dear friend, Jess.  She gives us a jar of these biscuits every Christmas, and I always look forward to receiving them and eating them!  I love also that they come with a great story - thanks Jess! :-)

"This is the easiest recipe and came from a magazine my mum had about 35 years ago! They have such a lovely story these cookies- mum started making them when my eldest brother went to school for his teacher and it progressed from there until she was doing them for all three of our teachers, neighbours, family and friends every year and they all still talk about them! She has moved to a whole new town and workplace and now bakes them again every year for her colleagues and they love them. Now I'm carrying on the tradition for my friends and hopefully my kids' teachers!"

Ingredients
250g butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence or rum
2 1/2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup glace cherries, chopped
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup desiccated coconut

Method
Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla/rum.

Stir in flour, cherries and nuts.

Form into 2 logs then roll in coconut, scattered on some foil (see pictures below).  Wrap in the foil and chill overnight.

Cut into cookies and bake at 190 degrees for 12 minutes or until just gold - watch carefully as they burn quickly!




No comments:

Print