Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Egg Caramel Slice


This slice is AMAZING!  There's not much too it, but boy is it good!  Well, not good for those who are calorie counting (again, I promise I haven't had any this year - but I can still remember the taste from when I made it a couple of years ago!).  I'm sure I originally got the recipe from www.taste.com.au, but I can't find it on there anymore - luckily I wrote it down in one of my recipe journals!

There's just something so right about putting whole Easter Eggs in a slice, especially when it also involves condensed milk...try this one, you won't regret it!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup caster sugar
80g butter, chopped
1 egg yolk
300g mini Easter eggs
1 cup shredded coconut
395g tin condensed milk

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.  Grease and line a slice tin.

Combine flour, sugar and butter in a food processor (or rub the butter into dry ingredients with fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs).  Add egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of cold water.  Press into pan and bake for 15 minutes until golden.

Unwrap Easter eggs and lay them over the base.  Sprinkle with coconut and drizzle with condensed milk.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Cool in tin, then slice into pieces.

1 comment:

Lyndall D. said...

This is sooo wrong its got to be right! :)

Print