Friday, November 23, 2012

Pizza Dough



I love a good home-made pizza and had been going for the convenience of store-bought bases.  But sometimes I just feel like getting my hands into some dough - for some reason, I find it really satisfying to make things with proper yeast!  So I got this recipe from my new favourite Facebook page - Bread & Butter Mum.  It makes enough for 2 bases, so I put half in the freezer and we used it a week later.  It's a great recipe and I know you'll love it too!  The finished product below is caramelised onion, roast sweet potato & cheese - it was DIVINE!!!

Makes 2 x 32cm diameter pizzas.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups plain flour
3 tsp dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
3/4 cup warm water
3 tblsp olive oil

Method
Sprinkle yeast and sugar over water, cover and stand in a warm place for 15mins until frothy.

Mix flour and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl.

Add olive oil to yeast/water mix and add all this to the flour mix. It should be a moist dough so add a little extra water if needed. Cover and stand in a warm place for 30mins or doubled in bulk.

Heat oven to 250* Celcius with a pizza stone or oven tray in it so it gets nice and hot.

Divide dough in a half and using a generous amount of flour roll out into your pizza base. Put on top of stone or tray and cover with pizza sauce cheese etc whatever you like. Bake for 15mins or until golden brown.


No comments:

Print