Monday, July 2, 2012

White Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake


Well, today I have a special announcement...it's my blog's first birthday!!!

One year ago, I did what I'd been meaning to do for AGES and started posting my recipes. It has been so much fun and it's definitely kept me on my toes, finding new and exciting recipes to share with you!

I have to take this opportunity to thank my husband Dean as well as my gorgeous kids Hope & Jed for being my taste-testers and biggest supporters. Also to my wonderful employer 96five, where I get to plug my blog weekly. We are nearly at 30,000 hits on the blog - more than I could've ever imagined! And stay tuned, because I have exciting plans for Mums in the Kitchen in the year ahead - I really can't wait!

In the meantime, I'll endeavour to keep bringing you delicious, cheap, healthy, easy and quick recipes that the whole family will love!

To celebrate, I'm posting this AMAZING cheesecake, which I first found here at www.exclusivelyfood.com.au - but I've made a couple of changes. This turns out perfectly every single time and always gets rave reviews!

Ingredients
250g Nice biscuits
120g butter, melted
250g cream cheese, softened
82g (1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon) caster sugar
3 large eggs
185g white chocolate, melted
375g sour cream
1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
150g frozen raspberries

Method
Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (not fan-forced). If you have a fan-forced oven and are unable to turn the fan off, preheat your oven to 145 degrees Celsius.

Line the base of a 20cm or 21cm diameter springform cake pan with baking paper. Grease or line the side.

Finely crush biscuits in a blender or food processor. Combine crushed biscuits with melted butter and firmly press mixture over the base and side of the prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

Using a food processor or electric mixer, beat cream cheese with sugar. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times. When mixture is smooth, beat in eggs one at a time.

Quickly stir sour cream into melted white chocolate, stirring until smooth. Add to cream cheese mixture along with the vanilla. Beat until ingredients are combined.

Pour filling over biscuit base, sprinkle with raspberries and bake for about 1.5 hours. Leave cheesecake at room temperature for one hour then cover and refrigerate for several hours, or until cold and set.

When ready to serve, cut with a hot, dry knife. Store any leftover cheesecake in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Yum Ness, I looooove cheesecake, and this one actually looks like it will adapt to my family's Failsafe diet (additive/preservative free) that we are currently trialling.

And congrats on one year of the blog!!

Vanessa Gibson said...

Thanks Nat! A Failsafe version of this one sounds great, let me know if you try it!

Print