Monday, August 27, 2012

Fruity Choc Chews


I made these delicious little balls recently to use up a bit of dried fruit I had on hand - I loved the result! They are dairy-free, low calorie (only 55 cals per ball!), gluten-free and super easy to make - I've written down what I used, but you can use any dried fruit, and it really doesn't matter how much of each, just try and get 2 cups altogether.  Enjoy :-)

Ingredients (makes 20)
1/2 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
3/4 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
3/4 cup sultanas
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup raw almonds or walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Method
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined.

Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into firm balls.  Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

No comments:

Print