Friday, August 5, 2011

Apple and Oat Muffins



I'm very excited to introduce a guest blogger today to share her wonderful recipe!  Anisia is a mum to a toddler and newborn and wanted to share one of her favourites with everyone.  I hope when I have two kids (in a few weeks) I still have time to bake too!  Anyway, here she is...


"I found this recipe on www.taste.com one day when I was searching for a recipe that I could make using a few key ingredients that I had on hand (yoghurt and apple). We love these muffins and make them regularly in our house. They are quick and easy to make, relatively healthy and very tasty - especially straight out of the oven! I like baking these and freezing the muffins in their own individual bags so that I can easily grab one or two and throw them in the nappy bag as I'm heading out the door as a snack for either myself, my husband or my toddler!"


Ingredients
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup tightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats, plus extra for sprinkling on top
1 1/2 cups (375ml) vanilla yoghurt, at room temperature
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100gm butter
1 cup stewed apples, cut into small pieces

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 12 x large muffin pan with cooking spray or line with muffin cases.

Sift flours and baking powder together. Stir in sugar and oats. Whisk yoghurt, eggs and oil together. Add to flour together with stewed apple, mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.

Divide mixture evenly into muffin pans until three-quarters full. Sprinkle with extra rolled oats.

Bake for 25 minutes or until golden in colour and cooked when tested. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before transferring to a wire cake rack. They taste yummy served warm!


My 17 month old son loved helping me make these muffins. His crucial role was sprinkling the oats on the muffins closest to him. You can see how proud he was of his efforts!

2 comments:

Rachel Esther said...

Look delicious Neish! How exciting for you to be a guest foodie! xx

Jess Holmes said...

I made these Ness, thank Anisia for the recipe. They were lovely!

Print