Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Show Baking!



This time last year, I ventured into an exciting and unknown world - competition baking.  I put a few entries into the local Pine Rivers Show and had some success, so decided I'll give it another go this year!

I've decided on three categories - Marble Cake (which I won last year!), Carrot Cake (came 3rd last year, with my mum coming in 2nd!) and Muffins.

So I've been hard at work and have the entries ready to drop off this afternoon.  Judging will happen this weekend - fingers crossed I get a prize or two.  At 80 cents an entry, I'm hoping it pays off!!

The local show will be a great warm up for the Ekka (Brisbane show) next week, which I'm entering in two categories for the very first time!  Will keep you posted with results and may just share my prize-winning recipes!

1 comment:

Smilie girl said...

They look great. All the best.

Print