Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Birthday Cakes

It's been a bit quiet on the blog this week, thanks to a massive few days for the family.  We've celebrated the dedication of the baby boy, a birthday for the husband and another birthday for little Miss, who is now the big 2!

So I thought I'd share with you my cake creations for the birthdays.  It was hard to decide what to make for Hope, as she loves so many different things - but in the end, I went with the swimming pool, which was a cross between the trampoline and pool, in the new Women's Weekly Kids' Birthday Cake Book.  I was very happy with the end result, and most importantly, the birthday girl loved it too.



I decided to experiment for the first time with fondant icing (I've used something similar before, but never the "real" thing), and wanted to do something that hubby would love - so I went with a Star Wars theme.  He was over the moon!
Already thinking of ideas for my little Mr's first birthday cake in 6 months!

No comments:

Print