Friday, May 3, 2013

Chicken & Basil Rissoles


I don't use chicken mince much, but after making these tasty little rissoles, I think I'm a convert!  The recipe is from a Rosemary Conley book I got from the library.  It literally takes 5 minutes to mix together the ingredients, then you just whack it in the oven, chop up a salad, and dinner is on the table in no time!

These are just 90 calories per rissole, or would also make fantastic meatballs if you rolled up smaller balls.  I served them with some home-made relish and they were absolutely delicious!


Ingredients (makes 8 rissoles)
450g lean chicken mince
1 red onion, finely chopped,
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons curry poweder
1 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons stock powder
1 tablespoon mango chutney

Method
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.

Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  Mould the mixture into 8 equal pieces.  Using wet hands, shape into palls and place a non-stick baking tray.

Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.

Serve hot or cold with salad and extra chutney if desired.

1 comment:

trishie said...

Oh i'm pretty intrigued about the taste of this! I'm guessing the mango chutney adds a nice sweetness to it?

PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html

Print