Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Black Sapote Muffins


So I got my online order from Charlie's Fruit Online the other day and was curious about a random fruit that was in my box - I had absolutely no idea what it was!

It looked a little like this:

After a bit of research, I discovered it's Black Sapote, which is also known as Chocolate Pudding Fruit.  Sounds pretty good!  However, I have to admit that the taste didn't really float my boat.  So I started the hunt for a recipe and found a super easy one here at Best Recipes and tinkered with it a little.

The result was great!  It's amazing that these actually contain no cocoa or chocolate, because you'd never know - that chocolatey taste is definitely there!

Next time you have some Black Sapote hanging around, you should definitely give these a go :-)


Ingredients
60g butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup black sapote pulp, pureed with ⅓ cup orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour

Method
Place everything in a bowl and mix together.

Spoon into a non-stick muffin tray and cook at 200°C for about 20 minutes.

Optional: once cooled, spread with buttercream icing.

No comments:

Print