Friday, October 4, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Slice


I came across this recipe at a great website called Elana's Pantry when I was looking for a recipe to use up some leftover pumpkin.  It's pretty good - however, coconut flour does have quite a unique texture, so be prepared for that!  The chocolate (I used a 70% dark variety) was definitely the hero of the dish for me (I sound all Masterchef!) - but it's a tasty little combination and pretty healthy too!

Ingredients

⅓ cup coconut flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon bi carb soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
4 eggs
1 cup roasted or steamed pumpkin
⅓ cup honey
¼ cup oil
½ cup chocolate chunks

Method
In a food processor, combine coconut flour, salt, bicarb and cinnamon.

Pulse in eggs, pumpkin, honey and oil until well combined.

Stir in the chocolate by hand.

Transfer batter to a lined slice pan.

Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-30 minutes.  Best kept in the fridge.

No comments:

Print