Monday, April 15, 2013

Cauilflower and Blue Cheese Soup


The weather's getting cooler and soup season is nearly upon us!  Today we have a very special guest post from my friend and workmate, Liam Renton.  He's a great cook and wanted to share this favourite with you! Thanks Liam :-)  And don't forget to get your fruit & vegetables delivered fresh from Charlies!


"It's an honour to be allowed to post my favourite recipe on Vanessa’s Mums in the Kitchen Blog, as I know she has an exceptionally high standard when it comes to easy recipes that are quick to make. This soup is amazing. I wish when I was advanced to the Top 200 of Nation Wide Materchef Hopefuls out of 10,000 applicants back in its first season that I had this recipe in my bag of tricks to call on."

Ingredients
1 Litre of Pre Bought Chicken Stock
1 Large Cauliflower
3 Onions
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 Tablespoons of Butter
1 Standard block of Blue Vein Cheese

Method 
Dice the onions and Garlic and sweat them down in a pan with the butter for 10-15 minutes
Add those to the stock and bring them to the boil
Dice the Cauliflower and boil for 15 minutes
Take off the heat and add 2/3 of the block of Blue Cheese
Blend till smooth

This will give the entire family a bowl each plus a container or two to freeze for work lunches

I find if you bulk up the meal with crusty bread and maybe a few pre-bought meatballs it’s a meal on its own

No comments:

Print