Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Biscuits



Every year I do a special batch of Christmas baking as gifts for family and friends.  I love the personal touch that home-made goodies bring.  So this is my gift this year - I've gone with Spice Biscuits, the recipe for which I have already shared here.

I wanted to continue the red and white colour scheme that I started with my Christmas Cards, so I used "pillar box red" food colouring.  My tip for the icing is to pop the biscuits in the fridge after you put on the base icing.  Then when you come to do the piping, it won't run or spread.  I also then refrigerate before putting them in containers, again so the icing doesn't spread or come off.

I'll be packaging these up in clear gift bags with some ribbon around the top and hopefully it'll bring some Christmas cheer to my loved ones!

No comments:

Print