Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rocky Road Pudding


I made this ice-cream pudding (a Kim Coverdale recipe from Super Food Ideas) a couple of Christmases ago and it was a huge hit, for a few reasons.  Firstly, on a hot Summer's day, after a hot roast lunch, it was divine to cool down with an ice-cream pudding, rather than sweat over the traditional steamed variety.  Secondly, I was able to make it a week or two before Christmas, keep it in the freezer, and not have to think about it again until I was taking it out to serve.  I just love the ice magic over the top too...delicious!

My main tip is that instead of a pudding steamer, I used my Tupperware Kugelhopf  - because it's silicone, I didn't have to line it, grease it, or do anything!  The kugelhopf just peeled away from the pudding so easily and I love the smooth shape it creates.  So I'd definitely recommend using a silicone product if possible.

Ingredients
16 chocolate biscuits
1.25 litres vanilla ice-cream, softened
1 cup vanilla custard
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup crushed peanuts
1 cup frozen raspberries, roughly crushed
chocolate Ice Magic, sprinkles and silver cachous, to decorate
Vanilla custard, to serve

Method
Line an 8 cup-capacity metal pudding steamer with plastic wrap, allowing a 2cm overhang.

Break biscuits into 2cm pieces. Combine ice-cream, biscuit pieces, custard, marshmallows, coconut, nuts and raspberries in a bowl. Spoon mixture into prepared steamer. Smooth top. Freeze overnight or until firm.

Stand pudding at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften. Turn out onto a plate. Carefully peel away wrap. Drizzle with Ice Magic. Top with sprinkles and cachous. Serve with custard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks amazing. Some melted chocolate over the top would also be nice.

Print