Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chicken Stir Fry


I can't believe I've never posted my basic Chicken Stir Fry before, as it's one of my most regular "go-to" meals.  It's perfect for later in the week, when you have bits and pieces of veges to use up.  I'll just type up what I used in the one picture, but you could replace any of these veges for others, like broccoli, snow peas, beans, zucchini, baby corn - or whatever's in the fridge!  So tasty and so easy.

Ingredients (serves 4)
Olive oil spray
1 brown onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
400g chicken breast, sliced
1 carrot, cut into strips
1 capsicum, cut into strips
100g mushrooms, chopped
1/4 savoy cabbage, shredded
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock

Method
Heat a wok over medium heat.  Spray with olive oil.  Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.

Add chicken, and stir fry for about 5 minutes, until browned and cooked through.

Add carrot and celery, along with sauces and stock.  Cook for 2 minutes.

Add mushrooms and cabbage and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until veges are cooked to your liking.

No comments:

Print