Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Marinated Lamb Chops


As a mum with young kids, budget-friendly meals are a real priority.  When I meal plan, I always look for ways I can cut costs and keep the budget in check.  Even though I cook a couple of vegetarian meals each week, I always include meat as well, as part of a balanced diet for the kids and for hubby & I as runners.

I've not had much experience with lamb chops, so I searched around for a recipe that would suit the whole family, and settled with this one from Best Recipes.  It was so easy to do on the BBQ and lamb really is one of my favourite meats.  I'm not normally one to chew the bones, preferring just to eat what I can get with my knife and fork - but I have to confess, we all had sticky fingers by the end of this meal!

The kids loved it and I'm glad I know how cheap & easy lamb chops are now!  The meal pictured above came in at just 340 calories.


And if you live in the area, make sure you pop down to Deagon Bulk Meats - you can get lamb chops this week for just $7.99 a kilogram if you mention Mums in the Kitchen - bargain!

Ingredients
4 lamb chops
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1cm fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Method
Combine the sauces, honey, ginger, garlic, mustard and paprika.   Stir well to combine.

Pour over chops in a bowl and marinate in the fridge for anywhere from 30 mins to 6 hours.

Heat barbecue to medium and grill chops until cooked to your liking.

Take remaining marinade and heat in a small saucepan.  Add a little flour to thicken, stirring well.  (Or add flour and then microwave for a couple of minutes).

Pour sauce over chops and serve with steamed vegetables.

No comments:

Print