Sunday, August 11, 2013

Clown Cupcakes & Ekka Results



It's Ekka time again - one of my favourite times of the year!  For those not in Brisbane, it's the Royal Queensland Show.  I love going to the show and getting in the spirit of it!  Nothing can keep me away from the Ekka - not even 2 years ago when I was 39 weeks pregnant!

We had an Ekka theme at our Mainly Music group this week, and I had some cupcakes leftover from the Pine Rivers Show, so I decided to make them into these cute clowns!  I just used plain buttercream icing on top, and secured the ice cream cones upside down.  I tinted the leftover buttercream red, yellow & blue and just piped on the faces and hat decorations.  They were very popular with the kids!

And as revealed on my Facebook page, I entered two categories in the Ekka baking competition this year - carrot cake and red velvet cupcakes.  Here they are, ready to submit:

And the exciting news is, I came 2nd in the red velvet cupcakes!  Hooray!  It was very exciting to go and check them out :-)

It's one better than the 3rd place I got for carrot cake 2 years ago, so next year, I'll be pushing for a first!

Also, here's the link to my Ekka treats from last year (Strawberry Icecream Cupcakes) - they were a super popular post, so check it out!

Hope you're having a great day in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Print