Saturday, August 31, 2013

Peach Blossom Cake


Wrapping up a week of cakes, I'm sharing with you one of my favourites!  It's called Peach Blossom, but it's not the traditional style of peach blossom that you see in show baking competitions etc.  This is from one of my mum's old-school cook books, and is one I always used to request as a birthday cake.  I tried out this giant cupcake mold I was given and it worked a treat!

Ingredients
250g butter
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 cup milk
3 cups self-raising flour
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon raspberry essence
2 tablespoons raspberry jelly crystals

Method
Beat butter and sugar to a cream, then add eggs and essence.

Add flour and jelly crystals, then milk and beat until well combined.

Pour into prepared tin and bake in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes.

When cold, ice with pink icing and sprinkle with more jelly crystals and shredded coconut.

No comments:

Print