Monday, August 5, 2013

Pine Rivers Show Results



The Pine Rivers Show has come & gone, and I'm pretty happy with the results!

Unfortunately no first prizes (gotta get my marble cake back into top spot!), but there were two 2nds and five 3rds.

Here's the breakdown:
Marble Cake: 2nd
Patty Cakes: 2nd
Lemon Butter: 3rd
Passionfruit Butter: 3rd
Mango Chutney: 3rd
Fudge: 3rd
Raspberry Jam: 3rd

So I'm thrilled that in my first year entering any jarred items, I got placings for 4 out of the 6 I entered.  I'm a bit nervous about not placing for carrot cake, since I'm entering that in the Ekka tomorrow (the big league!) - but I do feel I've made a better one today, than the Pine Rivers one.

All in all, lots of fun!  I've vowed not to get so carried away next year and definitely do LESS entries.  It's just so fun to be a part of!

In other news, my husband Dean, in his show baking debut, came 3rd in the pikelets - a stellar effort and I'm super proud of him!

Also, my mum did really well - she got three 1st prizes!  One was for fruit cake, which is a highly-regarded category, so I'm very impressed!  She also entered sweet chilli sauce - it was the first time she made it - and she won!

So, as I mentioned, Ekka entries are due tomorrow - I had to pre-register my entries back in May, and went with Carrot Cake and Red Velvet Cupcakes.  I'm really happy with both, so fingers crossed!  Stay tuned for the results :-)  I'll leave you with a few recipes from my show entries:

Marble Cake
Carrot Cake
Tomato Relish
Cupcakes

1 comment:

Wendy G said...

Well done! Can't wait to hear the results for your EKKA entries. We are sad we will miss the EKKA this year, living overseas, but looking forward to next year.

Print