Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Smoked Salmon Fettucini

Just add fettucini!

This is a super simple recipe that I threw together the other night because I had some leftover smoked salmon.  I don't often buy smoked salmon, mainly because it's so expensive, but I do really love the flavour, and how you don't need many other ingredients to make it a really tasty dish.  This is the basic recipe for the fettucini, but because I'm catering for a one-year-old, this time I actually used small macaroni and added some frozen veges into the mix.

Ingredients:
1 red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
150g smoked salmon
300mL cream for cooking
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
250g fettucini

Method:
Cook fettucini in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender.  Strain.

Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat.  Add red onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until softened.  Add cream, smoked salmon and parsley and cook for 2 minutes.  Combine with pasta and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

Smoked Salmon Fettucini - the mum version!

No comments:

Print